Monday, June 20, 2011

Enjoy the Silence



Have you ever listened to the silence?

That’s nice! So nice!

I think I’m enjoying the silence more and more because every day I have less and less of it.

Working in an open plan office, IT area, with more than 50 guys around talking about incidents, problems, requests, football, games, women, food, drinks, etc… You can imagine how noisy it is.

During working hours the peaceful time is between 7am and 9am or after 6pm…

Now it’s 6:51pm and it’s perfect! Zero noise, no phones ringing, no football arguments, nothing! Just the sound the silence, and eventually some keyboard typing, or a message popping up on a mobile phone.

I can’t count how many times I’ve tried to write this text and was interrupted and distracted.

To be honest, I shouldn’t be writing this here, I should be working… but I can’t help myself! And I have to write when I feel like, not when I’m at home away from the buzz.

Now the phone is ringing again while I’m enjoying myself writing. The problem is that at this time the one ringing is the one close to me, and it happens to be mine, so… I have to pick it up and interrupt this text again!

Fu6K1#g H311!

Shut the fuck up!!

Cheers

.

2 comments:

Crisreporter said...

Certa vez eu estava bebinha na casa de uns amigos em Wandsworth... dai eu fui para a sacada enquanto falava: vamos ouvir o silencio... Acho que mesmo com aquela carga de alcool na cabeca eu curtia a ausencia de barulho. Ate hj nao sei o pq disso... mas enfim, sou solidaraia a vc e posso dizer que sim, ja apreciei o silencio. Cris Schu

Gabriel Taco said...

The sound of the silence is deafening cousin!